A magnificent country estate and icon of a pastoral empire
Dating from the 1850s and located only two hours from Sydney and 50 minutes from Canberra, 'Raeburn' is one of Australia's finest colonial homesteads. The magnificent estate has been painstakingly restored and stunningly modernised in conjunction with Howard Tanner and Peter Fudge. Set on 154 hectares of prime grazing country overlooking the breathtaking Breadalbane Plains, this offering represents a rare opportunity to become the next custodian of a truly enchanting piece of Australian history where echoes of bushrangers, polo players and a great pastoral family abound.
- A beautifully renovated neo-Georgian, heritage-listed homestead imbued with colonial history positioned on a rise with a northerly, quintessential deep Australian vista.
- A working cattle property with multiple bores and dams, yards, underground tanks, hardwood fencing and original iron gates.
- Expansive home with 13-foot decorative ceilings, marble fireplaces, magnificent cedar staircase and millwork, stone cellar.
- Lavish attention to detail, European wallpapers, Perrin & Rowe tapwear, Fanuli lighting and a state-of-the-art five-oven Aga.
- Flexible floorplan with guest wing and 'gentleman's smoking room' or 9th bedroom.
- Stable complex boasts three stalls, tack room, groom's room and carriage house.
- Six acres of grounds including walled orchard and vegetable garden, championship tennis court, pool, croquet lawn, truffière.
- Six-car hardwood garage or vast function room.
- An easy drive to Sydney and Canberra, wineries and gourmet country restaurants, private, peaceful and connected.
Sorry, overlays are not available for this address
Need more info? We've got you covered.
A block's planning zone defines how that land can be used and what can be built on it.
A right to use a part of land owned by another person for a specific purpose. The most common forms of easements are for services, such as water, electricity or sewerage.
The value of a block of land without any buildings, landscaping, paths, or fences. This is different to the block's market value. A block's unimproved value is used to calculate rates and land tax charges.
This represents the shape of the geographical land. Closely spaced contour lines represent a steep slope. Widely spaced lines represent a gentle slope.