DON EWING is a fair dinkum country boy, born & bred in Gunnedah. He loves his town & community with a passion, always carrying the belief that if you are going to take something from the community, make sure you give something back.
"Gunnedah has been very good to the Ewing Family. It is my home, and the home of many of my friends."
Don's passion & enthusiasm for his community is reflected in his achievements.
* Don was an awardee of a Rotary Group Study Foundation Tour to the USA
* Don played representative Rugby & captained the Gunnedah Red Devils
* Don is a Life Member of APEX (22 year involvement)
* Don is a Life Member of the Gunnedah Rugby Club, and past President
* Don's contribution to the Rotary Club of Gunnedah has seen him receive one of its highest recognition awards - the Paul Harris Fellow Award
* Don has been a member of the Real Estate Institute for more than 30 years
* Don has co-ordinated the Salvation Army's Red Shield Appeal in Gunnedah for more than 30 years.
* Don is a current Justice of the Peace
Don's contributions to local charities and sporting bodies are well documented and clearly shows his unfounded support for his town and community. In 2006 Don was recognised by Gunnedah for his community & business support at the Australia Day awards.