Rock Lily is an iconic 50-hectare property in the Southern Highlands with exquisite north-facing views over Morton National Park. It is well located, being less than two hours' drive to Canberra and Wollongong, and about two hours to Sydney. This unique and well-loved property offers a rare degree of privacy. It includes two titles (40 ha and 10 ha), two dams (one is spring-fed), a spring-fed well, and has a number of buildings, including:
• A newly renovated, stylish homestead with sweeping views, 2-3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, polished wooden floorboards and sunny living areas with polished concrete flooring, a free-standing closed combustion fireplace with roof ducting, solar hot water, and an inviting wrap-around veranda, and two outdoor seating areas providing year-round use. The homestead is double brick with a new roof and insulation throughout. It is set among established gardens, protected by hedges of various kinds (rhododendron, apple blossom, hakea, lily pilly and rosemary). The gardens and wider property are planted out with thousands of flowering bulbs, and an extensive orchard including more than 50 heritage apple trees and stone fruits. (A planting list is available on request).
• The original rammed earth homestead is one of the district's originals, and requires either extensive renovation or offers the opportunity for a rebuild. It has sensational north-facing views over valleys and the Morton National Park. It is on a separate lot (10ha) to the main homestead and has a dwelling entitlement.
• A newly renovated, upper level two-room office with expansive bush views and reverse cycle air conditioning forms part of the large original apple packing shed. Both the offices and home have high-speed wi fi infrastructure. This property is perfect for those working from home, and has for the past decade hosted graphic design and communications businesses. The downstairs section of the apple packing shed is spacious, and suitable for a workshop/entertaining/games room, and further renovation.
• A newly renovated, one-room cottage with a slow combustion heater, and a veranda with stunning north-facing views. It is currently used to sleep visitors and for artist/writing retreats.
• An extra large hay/machinery shed that locks up.
• A chicken run and fenced vegetable garden
Rock Lily is suited to those who enjoy privacy, a bush retreat and communing with nature and wildlife, including wombats, kangaroos, wallabies and abundant birdlife. Once one of the area's historic apple orchards, about 20 hectares of this property are cleared, with fertile basalt soils that ensure productive harvests from the established vegetable garden and orchards (lemons, limes, apples, a full range of stone fruit trees, pomegranates, persimmons and quince). With a spring-fed well and 2 dams, it also has potential for development for eco-tourism and/or agricultural pursuits. Four rainwater tanks provide storage of about 70,000 litres. Situated just 50 kms from the coast, inland from the Nowra and Kangaroo Valley areas, Rock Lily enjoys a semi-coastal climate with cool summer breezes and above-average rainfall. This is only the second time these two lots from this historic property have been on the market.
Check out this fantastic video - your personal guided tour of Rock Lily, with Garry Hall: https://www.facebook.com/goulburnrealestate/videos/1554674871275989/