Unique Family home positioned on a leafy block close to Deakin Shopping Centre
Auction of this lovely family home will be on site 10 am Saturday 30th November 2019.
Overview of Suburb
Deakin is a very popular and highly desirable inner South Suburb of Canberra ACT. Educational facilities are close by in the Suburb, including Canberra Girls Grammar School and Alfred Deakin High School.
Development of Deakin began in the late 1920's and the majority of the suburb was built after 1945. There is excellent infrastructure in the popular suburb of Deakin, including residential, commercial and educational facilities.
Offered for sale by auction is a remarkable family residence at 25 Gawler Cres Deakin ACT. Originally built as a two bedroom cavity brick residence, and further improvements completed with two extensions, including swimming pool additions, at a later date. The design of the home roof is in the style of Mansard, which first became popular overseas in various countries throughout the world.
This unique two storey home has so much to offer, including four bedrooms, ensuite, study/potential 5th bedroom, 3 front balconies, formal and informal living areas, powder room, numerous bathrooms both ground level and upstairs, large media/billiard room upstairs, rumpus room downstairs, 4 bathrooms including renovated "powder room", sauna, heated inground pool (synthetic solar tubing) and triple garaging to rear.
As advised, previous renovations/improvements have been completed at the property, including extensions to original home, inground pool installation, including privacy walls and upkeep, internal painting, previous kitchen update, recently installed new carpet, ensuite and bathroom updates, and additions to the car accommodation at rear of block. A long driveway, with leafy surrounds, is to the right hand side of the block
The leafy frontage provides privacy and a peaceful external setting to relax and enjoy the birdsong and tranquility of Gawler Crescent. The superb location and suburb desirability speaks for itself.
For interested buyers, features and benefits of 25 Gawler Cres Deakin are as follows:
* Mansard style roofed home design
* Lower level external walls are cavity brick and the upstairs
additions are timber framed
* Four bedrooms, large ensuite, study/potential 5th bedroom, rumpus & media/billiard room and numerous other rooms and improvements
* Formal dining room and formal lounge room
* Lounge room complemented by solid fuel fireplace
* Slate feature wall surrounds to the solid fuel fireplace
* Master bedroom upstairs, balcony, large walk in robe area,
* Spacious renovated ensuite to master bedroom, under tile and towel rail heating
* Bedrooms 2, 3 and 4 upstairs
* Bedrooms 2 & 4 have built in robes
* Master bedroom, 2nd and 3rd bedroom have private balconies to front
* New carpet recently installed to upstairs bedrooms, hallway and stairwell
* Unique staircase rail supports complement the access to upper level
* Timber framed glass doors to meals/breakfast room
* Two hot water services, one downstairs, one upstairs
* Sauna with adjoining bathroom on ground floor
* Large laundry to rear of home
* Two adjoining renovated bathrooms upstairs, (back to back) under tile and towel rail heating
* Large media/billiard room upstairs to rear of home
* Mountain views from media/billiard room side windows
* Suspended slab under media/billiard room
* Large rumpus room downstairs
* Alarm system to home
* Heating to large 9 metres x 3.66 (approx) metre fibreglass swimming
pool (synthetic solar tubing on garage roof)
* Rear private courtyard surrounding inground pool
* New filter and pump to inground pool
* Ducted zoned reverse cycle Daikin air conditioners to main living areas, bedrooms and bathrooms.
* Separate reverse cycle split system air conditioners to the media/billiard room and rumpus room
* Triple, free standing enclosed car accommodation to rear, 2 auto doors
* Home size: 322 m2 approx as per EER report
* Large 943 m2 block
* Unimproved Land Value (2019-2020) : $1,203,000
* General Rates per annum: $6,974
* Superb location, approx 600 metres from Deakin Shopping Centre and facilities, and within the suburb as highlighted, highly regarded and sought after private and public educational facilities. An easy and pleasant cycle to Lake Burley Griffin awaits, and short drive in vehicle to Canberra City Centre or Woden CBD.
Pls contact Bob Hayward, Hodgkinson Real Estate on 0437 357 855 (with message bank) to book your inspection of this extraordinary residence, sited in one of the most popular suburbs in the Inner South of Canberra. An early inspection is highly recommended.
A new owner, with the necessary skills, would consider further improvements to the home to further enhance the property. Also Hodgkinson Real Estate can provide a rental market appraisal if the property is purchased by an investor.
An essential inspection if you are requiring a large family home in Deakin ACT. Settlement can be available for mid January 2020 for the successful purchaser.
A window of opportunity to purchase a large 2 storey residence in Deakin ACT awaits you. Thank you for your interest.
A block's planning zone defines how that land can be used and what can be built on it.
A right to use a part of land owned by another person for a specific purpose. The most common forms of easements are for services, such as water, electricity or sewerage.
The value of a block of land without any buildings, landscaping, paths, or fences. This is different to the block's market value. A block's unimproved value is used to calculate rates and land tax charges.
This represents the shape of the geographical land. Closely spaced contour lines represent a steep slope. Widely spaced lines represent a gentle slope.