Paradise Without Going to Heaven! - Widow Selling to be Closer to Grandchildren
'Bidgee-Lee', Mighty Murrumbidgee River via Bookham, NSW
Bidgee Lee' is a property that could arguably boast the most accessible 5km's of Murrumbidgee River Frontage within 100km's.
● Bidgee-Lee' is a riverfront and mountain country retreat at the end of a one way road, tucked just off the Hume Freeway which is 24km* away, making the property only 60km* to Yass, 3 hours* to Sydney, 275km* to Wollongong and just over 100km* to the Nation's Capital
● Nestled against the Might Murrumbidgee, the property features very accessible points to enjoy the very wide river and numerous rapids. The river is ideal for all sorts of water sports and adventures from trout fishing, kayaking & canoeing, swimming & boating
● With over 1,000 acres of mountain country numerous activities can be undertaken from motor bike & mountain bike riding, 4WDing, horse trail riding, native animal and bird watching or simply just enjoy the endless mountain views from the top. The mountain country is home to many native and introduced species of animals
● A very tidy circa 1940's homestead sits alongside a 2 car garage (with power and workshop). The homes floor plan is simple and features a large living area, verandah and family friendly kitchen and meals room and a main bathroom with a bath, shower and toilet. A reverse cycle Air Conditioner is in every room of the home
● The home is connected to mains power and also has the ability to run off a generator with all the wiring in place to do so. Satellite NBN and mobile phone reception allow the home to always be connected Near the home is the extensive infrastructure which includes a shearing shed, machinery shed, car shed, hay shed and outbuildings
● The shearing shed is 3 stands in size and has a raised board and attached yards. The shearing shed is in very good condition with the property having a long history of wool growing over the years
● A 7m x 9m* hay shed with studio attached is positioned next to two large silos and a loading ramp for machinery. The car shed is 14.5m x 25m* and is lockable
● Stretching along the river frontage, the flats are broken into numerous paddocks and water is supplied all the way along by the river. A large open paddock is positioned to the top of the hills and water is available via a dam
Bidgee-Lee' is a beautiful property with very unique river frontage accessibility. Not only can you enjoy the River and the Mountain country but an income can be produced via grazing the stock of your choice.
Bidgee-Lee' will be sold to allow the owner to move closer to grandchildren.
OPEN FARM TOUR INSTRUCTIONS: Open Farm Tours will commence from the home 20min sharp following the start time of the Inspection Times. A 4WD or vehicle with high clearance is essential for these tours. If you do not have access to such a vehicle please let either George or Simon know prior to the inspection so possible arrangements can be made
DIRECTIONS (DO NOT USE A GPS): Turn off onto the Childowla Rd at Bookham and follow that road for 24km*. Do not divert off this road at any point
George Southwell 0429 838 345 firstname.lastname@example.org
Simon Southwell 0427 755 997 email@example.com
Ray White Rural Canberra | Yass 93 Comur Street, Yass, NSW (02) 6226 4400
Sorry, overlays can only be applied when searching in the ACT
Need more info? We've got you covered.
A block's planning zone defines how that land can be used and what can be built on it.
A right to use a part of land owned by another person for a specific purpose. The most common forms of easements are for services, such as water, electricity or sewerage.
The value of a block of land without any buildings, landscaping, paths, or fences. This is different to the block's market value. A block's unimproved value is used to calculate rates and land tax charges.
This represents the shape of the geographical land. Closely spaced contour lines represent a steep slope. Widely spaced lines represent a gentle slope.