With so many English architectural features, 'Beckford' could be mistaken as being in Olde England, and because the property is so well located options for future use are endless. These could include, but are not limited to, a family home, bed and breakfast, commercial dog boarding kennels, equine accommodation or spelling and agistment.
● 'Beckford' lies between the historic town of Yass and Murrumbateman - just under an hour from the nation's capital Canberra. The property sits in the heart of the Australia's cool climate wine growing region and is within easy distance from first class dining and tourism experiences.
● The layout of the property enhances the versatility of its possible uses. The character filled main residence features two upstairs bedrooms, large kitchen, formal dining and lounge rooms and a private study. The spacious bedrooms each have their own ensuite, walk-in dressing room and a private balcony taking in broad views of the Yass Valley.
● Adjoining the homestead, with its own courtyard, is a secluded third bedroom with ensuite and walk-in robe. The separate Cottage is complete with a single bedroom, full kitchen, lounge room and combined bathroom/laundry. These provide endless possibilities for a growing or extended family, guests, bed & breakfast etc, etc.
● The elevated site of the accommodation on 'Beckford' allows for endless views to the north east over the Yass Valley - views that could be described as "borrowed" as you could own 10,000 acres and have the same aspect.
● You can't appreciate the views without taking in the established English inspired gardens, the centrepiece of which is the picturesque water feature with waterfall and gazebo, thus making a perfect setting for weddings or garden parties. The gardens and lawns are supported by an in-ground watering system.
● To reflect its English connection, the homestead incorporates many traditional features including cathedral ceilings and magnificent adzed beams from the original Newcastle wharf. The kitchen is very well appointed with Corian bench tops, 2 ovens, lots of storage and a large separate walk-in pantry.
● Beyond the kitchen sits a breakfast room which takes in views across the valley and from there, opens into the formal dining area with full length French doors and lounge with raked ceilings, adzed beams and fireplace.
● All seasons are catered for with ducted gas heating, reverse cycle air conditioning and two wood fireplaces.
● For the horse enthusiasts there are four large (4m* x 4m*) brick stables, tack room and cold wash bay adjoining the main house, and a 60m*x20m* dressage arena to the Southern boundary of the property. For the non-horsey the stables could be converted to further accommodation.
● The property is fenced into 9 paddocks with the pasture improved country serviced by two dams and a licensed solar powered bore.
● Ample storage is provided via a 15m* x 10m* machinery shed, 2 car garage and a storage shed.
● The dog kennels have a generous bedding area and whelping yard opening out on to two runs with paved yards, grass runs and large exercise area.
So much character - so many choices - so much potential. 'Beckford' offers a wonderful private family home - with an income producing advantage - should you desire.
Due to the owners downsizing on retirement 'Beckford' is genuinely on the market with all offers prior to Auction being given serious consideration.
PRICE GUIDE: $1,300,000 to $1,400,000
George Southwell 0429 838 345 email@example.com
Ray White Rural Canberra | Yass 93 Comur Street, Yass, NSW (02) 6226 4400
Sorry, overlays can only be applied when searching in the ACT
Need more info? We've got you covered.
A block's planning zone defines how that land can be used and what can be built on it.
A right to use a part of land owned by another person for a specific purpose. The most common forms of easements are for services, such as water, electricity or sewerage.
The value of a block of land without any buildings, landscaping, paths, or fences. This is different to the block's market value. A block's unimproved value is used to calculate rates and land tax charges.
This represents the shape of the geographical land. Closely spaced contour lines represent a steep slope. Widely spaced lines represent a gentle slope.