An Australian Landmark - Be In and Settled for Christmas!
'The Bowning Hill', 79 Common Rd, BOWNING, NSW
The Bowning Hill' is an iconic landmark that thousands of people have passed over the years heading along the Hume Freeway. With the owners retiring to the United Kingdom they have made their intentions clear: "We need to sell this time round!"
● Ideally located down the quite Common Rd which makes the property only 50min* to The Nation's Capital, 10min* to Yass, 4min* to Bowning and just under 3hours* to Sydney all via the Hume Freeway
● Consisting of 60.73ha* (150acres*) which goes from low grazing country on both sides of the hill to the heights of Bowning Hill
● The uninterrupted views from Bowning Hill are truly 360 and stretch to Canberra's Black Mountain Tower and Brindabella Ranges to the South, Goulburn in the North and Mt Bobara in the West. Access to the peak is via an all weather access bitumen road
● Set a quarter of the way up Bowning Hill is a modern PAAL 14 year old home with 4 generous sized bedrooms and 2 bathrooms with garage and shedding. The home is very private with expansive views from the large deck with roof and the verandah which wraps around two sides of the home
● Currently set up as a fine wool operation with the owners proudly growing up to 16.2 micron super fine wool for the last 20 years. This however doesn't need to be the future use of the land with many options for your enjoyment possible from running your choice of stock including horses or even native animal watching or dirt bike riding up and down The Bowning Hill'
● The homes floor plan includes a formal dining area which leads into the lounge, a generous sized master bedroom is serviced by an ensuite and walk in robe, the master bathroom boasts a spa bath, shower and separate toilet. The other three bedrooms have built in robes
● Year round comfort is taken care of with an evaporative cooler, wood fireplace, ceiling fans, gas hot water along with the fully insulated walls and roof
● A simple easy care garden means you can leave the property with little to worry about and boasts natives, an orchard and veggie patches with native animals often visiting the garden for short periods
● The property is divided into 5 paddocks and water is supplied via a large 60m x 50m* dam, a 20,000 litre* water tank off the garage, which feeds water troughs and additional 2 x 25,000 litre* tanks from the shed
● A 12m x 6m* machinery shed is equipped with a single stand raised shearing board with catching pen and shelter for 150* head of sheep, it also features a concrete floor with power connected. Ample vehicle accomodation is provided by this shed (2 car capacity) and a 1 bay carport and 2 car lockable garage (with power and concrete floor)
● Services are excellent for a rural property with NBN fibre connection available (not currently connected), water storage via a 95,000 litre* water tank collecting water from the home and an Aqua Nova septic system servicing the residence, with the grey water being set up for use in the garden
The Bowning Hill' is a purchase that will not disappoint with an established residence and infrastructure, the possibilities range from retiring to the quiet countryside, tree change for the family, accommodation options or to run your choice of stock.
The owners are definitely retiring to the United Kingdom and the sale of The Bowning Hill' has to happen to accommodate this. They have enjoyed improving The Bowning Hill' to what it is today, however their dreams await and they have given clear instructions "We have to sell this time round". Be sure to check out the video for an awesome sneak peak of the property!
George Southwell 0429 838 345 email@example.com
Simon Southwell 0427 755 997 firstname.lastname@example.org
Ray White Rural Yass | Canberra 93 Comur Street, Yass, NSW (02) 6226 4400