SOLD PRIOR TO AUCTON - disappointed buyers are waiting to purchase.
Homes on this side of the street in the Promenade Estate are rarely available and jealously guarded for good reason.
Your home represents your life as you journey from one chapter to the next. The inviting and comfortable four-bedroom residence was cleverly designed, with the downsizing brief to be at one with nature in a spellbinding location, by Canberra's own architect Terry Ring & Associates, working alongside the multi award-winning Creative Building Services.
A pleasant surprise will greet buyers. The townhouse alternative guarantees downsizing in style in a gracious setting without the burden of body corporate fees.
The deceptive single level front entrance screened by Australian natives, belies the thoughtful flowing floor plan and sublime private leafy outlook beyond.
A serene residential setting with North-facing formal and informal living areas and a segregated master bedroom, equally suited to a busy professional couple or active retirees and their visiting family and friends.
Within the enviable Lakeside Promenade Estate in the prestigious suburb of Nicholls, the aptly named Kangaroo Close is a coveted cul-de-sac of peace and tranquillity. The delightful park-side home is set among equally house-proud owners and manicured gardens with the occasional sightings of native wildlife and delightful birds.
A private gated access to the Percival Hill Reserve, walking trails, lakes and Golf Club, guarantees an idyllic effortless lifestyle, mere minutes to Gungahlin town centre's bustling commercial and shopping district and Metro light rail station.
Meticulously maintained by its previous owners, beautifully presented with new carpets and freshly painted, the focal point of the home is an attractive bright large functional well-equipped kitchen overlooking the versatile family room with its glorious vista.
Life will never be the same again. Simply coming home will seem like a month of Sundays, relaxing or entertaining on the private full-length deck shaded by the new automatic retractable awnings.
With little or no lawn mowing required front or back, and ample supply of tank water for irrigation, the cottage sized block provides sufficient garden to keep the green thumb occupied. You'll delight in three mature productive citrus trees, a glorious camelia in full bloom, a sliver of green lawn and the benefit of a publicly maintained recreation reserve beyond the boundary gate.
To appreciate the vital importance location plays in the choice of a home or investment, and to avoid disappointment, you must inspect and register your interest with the agent.
This is a true gem not to be missed.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
• Direct access to reserve walking trails from your boundary gate
• Brand new carpet and freshly painted
• Four-bedroom single level home, full bathroom with bathtub and ensuite
• Gourmet's kitchen, Ariston gas cooktop, electric oven, 3yo SMEG dishwasher
• Ceramic tiled family and informal dining areas with leafy outlook
• Combined open plan formal dining and living areas
• Full length deck accessed from living, family rooms and master bedroom
• Motorised/manual retractable new awnings over full length decking
• Segregated master bedroom with ensuite bathroom and private entrance
• Three additional bedrooms all with built-in-robes
• Passage with abundant linen and cloak cupboards
• Full size laundry conveniently adjacent to linen cupboards
• Entrance lobby plus formal double door entry to living areas
• 'Crimsafe' security sliding doors in family and master bedroom
• Fixed security screens on all bedroom windows
• Unassuming street front belies the visual feast beyond
• Easy care native garden and paving
• Three mature citrus trees, Kumquat, Lemon and Lime, and a Camelia
• No lawnmowing front and back, 2 x 1,000L water tanks
• Manual poly pipe irrigation in front garden
• Attractive rendered painted exterior
• Black shingle concrete tiles on roof
• Solar power panels x 8
• Ducted gas heating, ducted air-conditioning
• Dux Proflo (135L) gas hot water tank
• Poly rainwater tanks 1,000L x 2
• Double garage with internal access, 'Panelift' door, 2 remote controls
• Exposed aggregate driveway with room for 2 additional vehicles
• Foxtel and NBN connection, TV aerial • Excellent Building Inspection Report
Block size: 425.8m2
UV: $363,000 (2020)
Living Area: 165.33m2
GFA: 207m2 (approximate size)
Orientation: North to living areas, master bedroom
Residential Rates: $2,711 p/a
Residential Land Tax: $3,710 p/a
Builder: Multi award-winning Creative Building Services
Date Built: 1999
COVID-19: In line with the ACT government's current COVID-19 protocols, QR check-in code must be scanned before entry to the property. Face masks are no longer mandatory in the ACT however the wearing of a face mask is encouraged at open homes, private inspections and auctions.
Disclaimer: Any information supplied to Edge Margaret Salvador is collected from third parties considered to be reliable sources, however Edge Margaret Salvador accepts no responsibility for any inaccuracies. Interested parties must rely on their own enquiries and confirm all information provided. All enclosed measurements are approximate.
No open inspections scheduled.
Contact Margaret Salvador to learn more about this property, request an inspection or take an online tour.