This is a contemporary City Home in the Bushland of Aranda.
One doesn't think of a generous five-bedroom house as 'nestling' but this one achieves it. Settled on the edge of the Aranda Nature Reserve, the leafy surrounds and use of warm-coloured convict bricks, ensures an inviting entrance. Open the front door and you discover bright living spaces with garden outlooks from all windows.
With the use of several French doors, this home manages to achieve an open-plan flow throughout its three levels, and yet maintain the ability to close off spaces so that it also achieves clear separate areas. A welcoming dining room with open and practical kitchen leads down to a family room with an open fire for winter cosiness. A separate lounge room provides another peaceful zone and - as with all the living areas - glass doors provide both light and access to the outdoors.
The room that captures that bushland feel most beautifully is the main bedroom (with ensuite) - which will delight anyone. Upstairs and with huge windows on two sides, this room creates the effect of waking-up in a treehouse. There are three additional bedrooms upstairs all with access to a balcony and the main bathroom. Another bedroom and shower and separate toilet are situated downstairs.
Private garden areas with established hedged plantings, shaded entertaining area and a double carport with roller door plus storage means that the house is both liveable and practical.
This property is in walking-distance of the well-respected Aranda Primary school, in the catchment area for Canberra High School, and the Ginninderra College or five minutes drive to Radford College.
Because of the proximity to the Canberra CBD and the Aranda and Black Mountain Nature reserves, many of the locals utilise the bike paths daily to commute to the CSIRO, ANU, UC, TAFE Bruce Campus, Calvary Hospital or the City, or simply enjoy walks through the Reserves to the Botanical Gardens or the National Arboretum. It is a friendly neighbourhood with several community groups including the Friends of Aranda Bushland.
The owner is downsizing and has bought elsewhere.
• Backing onto reserve with gate access
• Tri-level architectural design
• 5 bedrooms, 4 with built-in-robes
• 3 bathrooms and toilets
• Option to create a home business office
• Expansive floorplan of 217 m2 of internal living space
• Balcony of 13m2 facing the Aranda and Black Mountain Reserves
• Large formal living areas
• Family room with open fireplace (vented and rear-cleaning door)
• Floor to ceiling windows (literally walls of glass) in the family room for bright and light living
• Huge master bedroom with ensuite
• Reverse cycle ducted air conditioning for heating and cooling
• Outdoor entertaining area
• Bush planted, soft-rock landscaping with established hedging for backyard privacy
• 5 KW PV Solar and solar hot water systems
• Enclosed backyard for pets and/or kids
• Off-street parking for 4 cars, a trailer, boat and/or a caravan
No open inspections scheduled.
Contact Sabine Wythes to learn more about this property, request an inspection or take an online tour.