If 2021 is the year to buy your first home, upgrade from an apartment or establish a long-term wealth strategy through smart property investment, this solidly constructed 80s-built home with large saltwater pool could be the one. Recently receiving multiple upgrades, the home is ready to move into & enjoy as is or tenant for an impressive rental return.
Occupying a 764sqm parcel of level land on a quiet, established no-through road within walking distance from the shopping centre, tavern, schools and playground, this home is brimming with potential to add further value in the future while reaping its many lifestyle and investment benefits now. The proximity to all amenities, including public transport, will make this property extremely sought after by prospective tenants too.
Why we LOVE 9 Darling Street
- The refurbishments & upgrades completed over last 12 months The current owner has gone to great lengths to ensure the new owner has nothing to do & no further money to spend. The result is a beautifully presented, low maintenance, modern contemporary home anyone would be proud to own. Work just completed includes: - Freshly painted throughout (within the last few weeks) - New timber-look engineered vinyl flooring to all living areas - New ceiling fans throughout - New treated timber fencing to side boundary - A new pool pump, sand filter & chlorinator installed in 2020 for peace of mind & a sparkling clean & inviting pool
- The renovated bathroom Renovated in 2013, the bathroom's décor looks as on point today as it did when first completed with its floor to ceiling tiles, separate bathtub & dual shower heads (rainwater & hand-held) in the shower recess, all styled in contemporary neutral tones
- Superb storage, access & parking Own a boat, campervan or trailer? No problem. Two concrete driveways provide dual access to your secure parking & storage areas, one to the double lock-up garage with large storeroom offering shelving for the tools, and the other to the gated carport with handy rear-lane access
- Fully undercover access We have our share of rain in Mackay, so there's nothing better than leaving & arriving home knowing you don't have to set foot in the rain. Access between the garage, home & alfresco area is seamless and completely undercover
- The family-friendly floor plan Featuring separate lounge room, 3 good-sized bedrooms (all with b/ins) & an open plan meals area/ kitchen (with s/s dishwasher, Westinghouse upright oven/cooktop, laminate benchtops & cabinetry & easy-clean vinyl splashbacks) plus a large undercover tiled patio/'outdoor room', the natural light-filled home is ideal for a small family & for those who like to entertain
- The large saltwater pool with all-new equipment Big enough to swim laps & play games in, this pool is sure to provide hours of fun & exercise for kids & the young at heart. Those with young children can keep an eye on pool activity from the welcoming shade of the alfresco area
- The sprawling backyard with vegie patch, shady trees, aviary & dog kennel With its well-established shady trees combined with abundant sun, the large backyard is a haven for growing a variety of vegies. There's even an aviary (could double as a chicken coup), oversized garden shed, green room & a dog kennel for your beloved four-legged family member
- Air-conditioned throughout Split system a/c in every room will keep you comfortable throughout the year
Why we LOVE Mount Pleasant
- One of Mackay's most popular suburbs and for good reason too! Minutes from Mackay CBD (less time in the car means more time with the family) and a short drive from Mackay's waterways and beaches. This home is perfectly positioned in the quiet heart of this wonderful suburb, close to the many services and facilities that Mount Pleasant offers
- Walkable neighbourhood Enjoy being within easy walking distance from parks, playgrounds, local schools, the bus stop, Mount Pleasant Greenfields Shopping Centre (with Woolworths, KMart and Coles, healthcare services & specialty stores), childcare, movie cinemas, Gordon White Library and Northpoint Retail precinct (accessible via the walking trails). Imagine the health benefits! Very appealing for potential tenants too!
- Short drive to additional amenities, including Mater Hospital, Snap Fitness, sporting facilities and more
- Large choice of public and private schools, all within easy reach, including Emmanuel and Holy Spirit College, Northview & Fitzgerald primary schools and Mackay North State High
- One car family or a family with older kids? No problem! The bus stop at Mount Pleasant Shopping Centre is an easy walk from home (another massive tick for potential tenants too)
Disclaimer: All information has been obtained from the seller. The agent/s cannot verify its accuracy and do not give any warranty as to errors or omissions, if any, in these particulars. Prospective purchasers should satisfy themselves by inspection and making their own inquiries or otherwise as to the accuracy of the particulars. Location shots and use of furniture (real or virtual) are for visual display purposes only and not included in sale. We are not financial advisors or deem to provide financial advice and urge all prospective purchasers to make their own inquiry into funding available.
Sorry, overlays are not available for this address
Need more info? We've got you covered.
A block's planning zone defines how that land can be used and what can be built on it.
A right to use a part of land owned by another person for a specific purpose. The most common forms of easements are for services, such as water, electricity or sewerage.
The value of a block of land without any buildings, landscaping, paths, or fences. This is different to the block's market value. A block's unimproved value is used to calculate rates and land tax charges.
This represents the shape of the geographical land. Closely spaced contour lines represent a steep slope. Widely spaced lines represent a gentle slope.