A superb country retreat consisting of 86 acres* of prime, income producing land. 'Prettyview' is located on Yeumburra Road between Hall and Murrumbateman and is conveniently situated 20 mins* from either Canberra or Yass. Prettyview' is an outstanding property which has been thoughtfully set up with the perfect combination of facilities for either the equestrian and/or as an easily managed hobby farm. However, it could just as easily be suited as a quiet, peaceful escape for you to enjoy.
• As you walk through the light filled front entrance, the home opens up into two spacious living areas. To your left the carpeted formal lounge and dining area are bright and airy with far reaching views across the property to the valley beyond. These lead to the segregated, over sized master bedroom with large walk in robe and ensuite with double shower. To the right of the entry, the generous family room with its expansive north facing windows, allows you to take in the picturesque garden and relaxing country scene beyond. The family room is complimented by a slow combustion fireplace which is just the thing for our cold winter evenings.
• The lovely country style kitchen is of an excellent size with views over the rear garden and equestrian facilities. There is ample storage space and a sizeable walk in corner pantry. A 700mm Smeg gas range style cooktop and electric oven provide for all of your cooking needs. The kitchen opens out to the large family dining area and family room, making it a wonderful spacious area for entertaining.
•The 3 remaining bedrooms are all very generous in size and have built in robes. They are located at the opposite end of the home, providing flexibility and a degree of privacy. The family bathroom has a separate toilet, bathroom/shower room and double wash basin area. The laundry is roomy with good storage.
• Heating and cooling are provided by way of ducted evaporative cooling and ducted gas heating, together with the slow combustion fireplace.
• The infrastructure at Prettyview' has been very well planned out and consists of 10 individual paddocks of varying sizes. Three are suitable for mares in foal. There is excellent fencing and water access through troughs or permanent creek frontage to Gooda Creek.
• The large 20m x 9m machinery shed, is home to 2 well ventilated, lined loose boxes with brick floors, lights, automatic waterers and walk in walk out steel yards. The stable divider can be safely opened to create a huge, safe stable for foaling down. A large, well organised, lined tack room, has saddle, bridle and rug racks and ample storage. This multipurpose shed also sports a kitchenette with great storage, together with instant hot water. The hot water is also plumbed to the wash bay at the rear of the stables. Under the same roof line there is excellent well lit parking space for numerous cars, a horse truck or large float etc. Together with a lockable, lined workshop with built in benches, roller-door and room to park 2 vehicles.
• The equestrian will love the professionally built 40m x 20m flood lit sand arena and steel round yard with ride through gate access. The steel cattle yards with a new, very safe one person operational race, cattle crush and loading ramp, all make this small farm highly user friendly and productive. Another oversized, high roofed double garage and double carport is located adjacent to the home, providing additional parking for numerous vehicles.
• The home features a flexibly fenced house block with the ability to have four separate areas, (including a dog yard) landscaped gardens, ornamental trees and shrubs - all planned with fire safety and snake deterrent factors in mind! The chicken coop, orchard and raised vegetable gardens are all nearby, providing an opportunity for those who like to be self-sufficient.
• Water is of no issue at Prettyview' with a 122,000 litre in-ground concrete water tank providing water for use inside the home. Permanent water from the property's long frontage to Gooda Creek is pumped through to two 22,000 litre tanks for trough/garden use around the property and an additional 44,000 litre water tank off the machinery shed adds to the drought proofing of Prettyview'.
Prettyview' is a versatile country property located within a short drive to the Nation's Capital. Equally you can indulge in some fine dining and sample the many cool climate wineries that the district has to offer. You may alternatively just sit back, relax and enjoy the calm serenity that a rural property like this has to offer. With the owner committed to downsizing this is your opportunity to own Prettyview'!
Sorry, overlays can only be applied when searching in the ACT
Need more info? We've got you covered.
A block's planning zone defines how that land can be used and what can be built on it.
A right to use a part of land owned by another person for a specific purpose. The most common forms of easements are for services, such as water, electricity or sewerage.
The value of a block of land without any buildings, landscaping, paths, or fences. This is different to the block's market value. A block's unimproved value is used to calculate rates and land tax charges.
This represents the shape of the geographical land. Closely spaced contour lines represent a steep slope. Widely spaced lines represent a gentle slope.