Click on any image above to view 28 more pictures of this property.
x 4 x 1 x 1 x 2 x 4
|House Size:||329 m2 (approx)|
Open for Inspection
None scheduled at this time.
|Average age:||39 years|
|Flats & units:||0.0%|
Carniktan is a superbly composed property with a top notch location.
If your shopping list includes a spacious 4 bedroom home, large freehold block, fantastic water supply and a very leisurely commute to Canberra, Carniktan is for you!
Firstly, Carniktan's lovely 329m home provides enormous family lifestyle flexibility with its 4 bedrooms, 2 large segregated living areas and glassed sunroom. If you need more space there's 2 alfresco areas, with the largest having 44m of covered and sheltered entertaining space.
Designed for gregarious family entertainment, the home has a large fully equipped kitchen complete with a pantry room and a spacious family/meals area that flows out to both covered alfresco.
The views from Carniktan are simply marvellous. How would you like a broad-brush view over rolling verdant pastures and thick neighbouring forests of Eucalypt?
Carniktan's wonderful 23 acre composite block is one of the best I've seen.
The rich deposited creek-side soils push up one of the sweetest pastures in the region. Along with its strong grazing capabilities, its feed production dynamic saw 300 square bales of quality hay produced in one cut a few years back.
The rising part of the block also carries good pasture and there are numerous gentle folds in the land that provide good stock shelter.
With Coots Creek meandering through Carniktan, plus 2 on-property dams there's no shortage of quality stock water. The creek has reliable sink holes evidenced by the trout have been lured in them and adds a picturesque dimension to the property that only a healthy watercourse can do.
Infrastructure wise Carniktan has an array of work and utility sheds that include the 5 bay farm shed on the house block parking concourse, another 2 bay farm/hay shed in the rear paddocks, a secure poultry run and wood sheds. All fences are in tip-top condition and there's a steel stock loading ramp at the property's entrance.
Essentially, Carniktan is a first rate property. It's ideal for those of you looking for a precisely established country property with dynamic scope. But without a doubt, if you need location:location, Carniktan is a clear winner.
Property Technical Specifications
• Residence: built 1996 by Blackett Constructions, 210.9m of residential living area, 37.3m of attached garage area, 26m of sunroom area, 44m of attached covered alfresco verandah area, 11m of attached covered BBQ area, Total area under roof: 329.2m/35.4sq approximately
• Residential features: 4 spacious bedrooms with robes including a segregated master suite, large open plan formal lounge & dining with countryside views, fully equipped modern kitchen with pantry room, family/meals room with solid fuel combustion heater & countryside views, glassed sunroom with outstanding views, 44m covered alfresco verandah off kitchen/meals, 7m covered BBQ area off family room
• Climate control: split-cycle air-conditioning unit to kitchen/meals/family room, solid fuel combustion heater to the same areas, thermal insulation to roof & all external wall cavities
• Garaging: double attached garage with electronic door & internal access to the home, ample turning circle guest parking to the front of the home
• Additional garaging: 5 bay farm shed configured as 4 open bays with (caravan height) access & 1 lockable workshop/storage bay - on concrete pad with power
• Gardens: beautifully landscaped country gardens that include fruit trees, vegetable/herb gardens, specimen trees & mature conifer wind/privacy tree lines
• Potable water supply: 25,0000gall above ground concrete rain water tank collecting off the home & main shed roof lines, 5,000gall above ground poly rain water tank collecting off the main shed roof line plumbed to an external tap for utility purposes
• Non-potable water supply: double creek frontage coursing through the property with high volume sink holes - water is pumped out of the largest sinkhole up to 2 holding tanks (10,000gall cumulative capacity) located on the highest point of the property for gravity return feed to stock troughs & the home's domestic gardens, 2 on-property surface collection dams with an estimated cumulative capacity of 2meg
• Sewage: bio-septic system with treated water distributed over the garden areas
• Property infrastructure: 5 bay garage/farm shed located on house block parking concourse, 3 bay farm/machinery/hay shed located in the rear paddock, wood shed, fuel shed, stock yard & adjustable loading ramp located at the property entrance, enclosed dog runs
• Block: 9.31ha/23acres of level to undulating land - the superb (Coots Creek) frontage paddocks are have a mix of deposited & decomposed granite soils resulting on 1st rate pastures, the rising ground primarily consists of decomposing granite, the block is 90% cleared & ideal for horses & most types of light grazing, pastures are methodically maintained
• Location: the corner of Murrumbateman & Nanima Roads with a dual access off both roads, sealed road to both gates, 15 minutes to Canberra's north 32 kms to Yass township, 9.61km to Murrumbateman village
• Services: school bus services to/from Canberra/Yass at the property's Nanima Road gate, 3 day letter mail delivery at the front gate, wireless broadband, household/recycle waste to be taken to Murrumbateman or Gundaroo tip
Rates: Yass Valley Council $1,003.36pa
Lot 3 DP 849255
Elders Real Estate Dickson
P: 02 6230 0599
F: 02 6230 0774
2/20 Challis Street Dickson ACT 2602
Austcap Pty Ltd
View all sales listings for this agency
An internal error occurred while sending your enquiry.
Please try again later.
Your enquiry has been successfully sent to the Agent.
What do I need to purchase this property?
(assuming sale price of $970,000)
The calculation given above is an example estimate only and may not correspond with what is commercially available.
Lowest Home Loan Rates for Tuesday, 11 March 2014
The comparison rate based on secured credit of 150,000 and a term of 25 years.
WARNING: This comparison rate applies only to the example or examples given. Different amounts and terms will result in different comparison rates. Costs such as redraw fees or early repayment fees, and cost savings such as fee waivers, are not included in the comparison rate but may influence the cost of the loan.
Listing Age and Views
This listing was first displayed on 18/9/13, last updated on 4/3/14, and has been viewed 1910 times. Please note the counter is not updated immediately.
A view is added to the property view counter when a user loads this page. Property views do not include views of photos or maps associated with this listing.